Our Chair Dame Moira Gibb
Our board is employer led with 60% of members being employers in the adult social care sector.
The board meets four times a year to make strategic decisions about the charity.
Members have four main duties.
- Safeguard and promote the values and mission of Skills for Care.
- Determine the strategy and structure of Skills for Care.
- Ensure Skills for Care operates in an effective, responsible and accountable manner.
- Ensure the effective functioning of Skills for Care’s board.
Our board members are:
- Dame Moira Gibb DBE - Chair
- Helen Wilcox MBE - Vice Chair - Executive Director, Woodford Homecare
- Louise Bladen - Director, Home Affairs value for money audit at UK National Audit Office
- Des Kelly OBE - Retired, formerly Executive Director of the National Care Forum
- Mark Lever - Chief Executive, National Autistic Society
- Neil Taylor - Director of Community Services, Jewish Care
- Samantha Jones - Director for the New Care Models National Programme, NHS England
- Sue McMillan - Retired, formerly Deputy Chief Inspector, Care Quality Commission
- Paul Snell - CEO of Walsingham Support
- Paul Kingston - Professor of ageing and mental health, University of Chester
- Munira Thobani - Independent executive coach and organisational development consultant
- Rachael Wardell, Corporate Director - Communities, West Berkshire Council